User Settings Do Not Change When Updated Through The Front End

Home Forums Plugin Support User Settings Do Not Change When Updated Through The Front End

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jwarnimo 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jwarnimo

Hello,

I just implemented the plugin and I really like all the features it has. The only problem I am having is that when I register a new user or change a users profile it does not change the profile in the back end. I tried adding a new user and the only thing that carried over was the email address. As for the editing a profile, it did not change the current avatar on there, or any of the other fields. Any help? Thanks!

Khaled
    Keymaster

After updating profile at frontend, is it showing updated data on frontend?

jwarnimo

Ok I played around with it a little and it looks like it only updates profiles when I am logged in as the admin. However, when I create a test user it does not allow me to update the profile. Is there a setting I can change for this?

jwarnimo

The data only shows up on the frontend when I am logged in as the admin

Khaled
    Keymaster

Please go to User Meta » Settings page.
    select your profile page and check right sided checkbook. this will create a new link in User Administration page.
    Go to User » All user, click profile link which user profile you need to update as admin.

Thanks.

jwarnimo

For some reason it brings up my “submit a post” page whenever I click update. Screenshot here: http://www.entertainmentscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/meta-problems.png

Khaled
    Keymaster

did you set field as admin only? which message are shown when non admin are trying to update their profile?

jwarnimo

It’s not set as admin only. If you take a look at the screenshot, it brings up my submit page inside the existing page. khaledsaikat changing all my contributors to admin would work, however I am running an article directory, so I do not want to make everyone admins. I would like to keep them as authors or contributors. Thanks!

jwarnimo

And then with the register page, the email field everything seems to work ok, except that the first and last name fields do not drop down into the back end. Which is typically what my site uses to show author name.

jwarnimo

And then with the register page, everything seems to work ok, except that the first and last name fields do not drop down into the back end. Which is typically what my site uses to show author name.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.