March 17, 2012 at 1:18 am #923
I have a few questions:
1) Where are the fields that I added for them viewable at? Other than them logging in and going to their profile page, of course. I mean me being able to see a user and all of their registered fields (except their password and such of course).
2) Is there a way to e-mail the information they registered with to a specific e-mail upon registration? I have an SMTP server set up on my Linode (or I can use mailutils, doesn’t matter), I just don’t see any settings or any way for the plugin to do it (though I hope I’m mistaken).
3) Is there a way to left-align the field name labels and center align the actual input text boxes/drop downs on the registration page?
4) Is there a way to add a hidden field (eg “Paid” that is initially set to “No”) that is only viewable/update-able by me? If it’s viewable by all that’s not a huge deal, but it would be important for it to only be able to be changed by me (admin).
EDIT: It also might be important for me to mention I’m currently using Pro v1.1March 17, 2012 at 1:35 am #926
For #2, I tried the solution offered here:
It shows up under User Meta on the Admin dashboard. I tried just putting in “Test Subject” and “Test Body” and checking “Enable Admin” to see if it works, but it never sends when I try to register a test user.March 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm #930
I can also follow up and say that I have installed a plugin to configure WordPress to use SMTP instead of the wp_mail() function. The test e-mail from said plugin works, but the meta-user plugin still won’t send an e-mail out.March 19, 2012 at 11:55 pm #931KhaledMember
For now, extra user field is not showing in default admin page. This feature will included soon with User Meta Pro.
However, Admin can see and update other’s user’s profile(frontend frofile).
To do this, go to:
1. User Meta >> Settings.
2. Select your profile page Under ‘Profile Page Selection’ and check right sided checkbox.
3. Go to Users >> All Users.
4. There will be a new link named ‘Profile’ for each user. Follow this link to see and update frontend profile.
Custom registration email will added with user meta core with next version.
By version 1.1.1, user meta only support top alligned.
There is a checkbox named ‘admin only’ in User Meta >> Fields editor. By this checkbox, any field can be visibale by only admin user.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.