Localization of the Plugin

Home Forums Translation / Localization Localization of the Plugin

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  andi_t 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

andi_t

Hi Khaled,
    i’ve some probs with the localization of the plugin.
    1) the datepicker just gives a english dateformat(YYYY-MM-DD) and not the normal german format (DD.MM.YYYY) i think the best way was to set the dateformat in the admin area for every used language. Or better to do this via mo/po-files.
    2) The Countrylist is just in english. There would be a possibility to translate it very nice, again with the mo/po-files.
    3) the translation of the word “retype” is missing for the password, and in the german translation after the word “Wiederhole” there is a whitespace missing. I think the best way was, when the __()-strings do not contain any whitespaces, but you can put the in the source code.

andi_t

Hi,
    i’ve thought that i get an answer in this forum?
    I want to activate my site within the next two days, but the registration don’t work…
    Another problem is with the registration code. When the last digit is a “.” the link doesn’t work…

BR Andi

Support

Hello Andi,

Please upgrade your version to latest one and follow http://user-meta.com/upgrade-notice/

Let us know if you have still facing any issue.

Thanks.

Support

Please note, for version 1.1.3rc2, we release user-meta.pot file but user-meta-de_DE.po is not fully translated (New text added in version 1.1.3rc2 were not translated with german translation file).

andi_t

Hi,
    sorry for the late reply, but i got no notification email.

Now i’m testing with the new version and i will translate the missing phrases into german. But the problem with the date is still there. It’s very uncommon in germany to use the date like YYYY-MM-DD and the title of the datepicker is english, too. It would be very important for my customers to get a chance to translate this. Isn’t it possible to do this via po/pot-file, so that every country get it’s own date/time-format?

Do you have checked the problem with the “dot”?
    The problem was that the mail clients are intepreting tokens that are ending with a dot the last sign not as a part of the token, but as a part of the sentence, so in the token that is putting in the activating link the dot is missing…

Also the countrylist is still not ready for translating.

Please have a look on theses things.
    I will deliver the translated file with the next two days to you.

BR Andi

Support

Hello Andi,

Changing date format and your other issues will be added with next RC release. New RC release is coming soon.(hopefully next week).

Thanks.

andi_t

Oh, that sound very good.

Thanks for that 🙂

BR Andi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.