We’ve just started using WPFront User Role Editor to allow users to have multiple (modular) roles on our site. I’ve now got to update the existing users (500+) with their new modular roles (eg changing users from just BASIC into the HOWTO & RESOURCES roles).
I installed User Meta to do this through export / import (as it’s not as simple as doing it in bulk online via WPFront – not all BASIC users will get both HOWTO & RESOURCES). I need to see the users and decide individually – exporting to Excel is much more user friendly for this.
I’ve exported the users using a custom meta “Roles” and see that the roles are in the cell separated by commas (I checked by changing a few in WP first), but when I update users in the CSV file and reimport, the updated roles are not being taken on. They still have the old role(s) in there.
Am I doing something wrong, I’m not doing anything to the CSV file except updating that Roles column. I added “Roles” as a custom field associated with this info in the import. I tried with “Add custom field to (if not already added)” on and off.