When there is new stable version announce, you will be notified by your plugin listing page with update link. Just click update link to update your plugin version
If for any case update link is not working for you or you need to install RC or DEV version, then follow those steps:
- Login and download latest version of User Meta Pro from Download Page.
- You need to remove old version then. For removing old version, go to Plugins >>Installed plugins from your admin panel. Find User Meta Pro, there will be a link named Active or Deactive under User Meta Pro. If plugin is Activated then Deactive it by clicking Deactive. After Deactivation, There will be a Delete link available. Click Delete link. Delete link will redirect you to confirmation page. Confirm you deletion by clicking Yes, Delete these files. (Deleting the plugin won’t effect on your saved fields/forms or settings)
- Go to Plugins >> Add New from admin panel. Click upload from upper menu. Locate user-meta-pro.x.y.z.zip file and click Install Now. Plugin will start uploading, after complete uploading, Click Active Plugin.
- That’s it. User Meta Pro is updated.
- if you have free version installed, go to your WordPress Plugins page and deactivate User Meta. Then select Delete or go to your web server (via FTP, SSH, SFTP, etc.) and delete the entire user-meta folder. (Deleting the plugin won’t effect on your saved fields/forms or settings)
- Go to Plugins >> Add New from admin panel. Click upload from upper menu. Locate user-meta-pro.x.y.z.zip file and click Install Now. Plugin will start uploading, after complete uploading, Click Active Plugin. (For ftp: unzip user-meta-pro.x.y.z.zip, upload user-meta folder to wp-content and activate the plugin from WordPress Plugins page).
There are three ways to validate your pro license.
- Go to User Meta >> Settings, put your email and password for http://user-meta.com and hit “Validate” button to validate your license.
- If first method fails, follow http://user-meta.com/activation/ to remotely validate the license.
- If both methods fails, send an email to support(at)user-meta.com with your site url. We will send you validation key.
Step 1. Create Form from User Meta >> Forms.
Step 2. Select Fields from the right and modify if you need, those you want to include in the Form.
Step 3. Write Shortcode to your page or post. Shortcode (e.g.): [user-meta-profile form="form_name"]
[user-meta-login] OR [user-meta-login form="Form_Name"]
Field content shortcode
[user-meta-field-value id=Field_ID] OR [user-meta-field-value key=meta_key]
Profile / Registration
[user-meta type=profile-registration form="Form_Name"]
(To show user profile if user logged in, or showing registration form, if user not logged in.)
[user-meta type=public form="Form_Name"]
(To show public profile if user_id parameter provided as GET request.)
Another form of shortcode:
[user-meta type=type_name form="form_name"]
- type=”profile” for showing profile page.
- type=”registration” for showing registration page.
- type=”profile-registration” for showing profile page if user loged in, or showing registration page, if not user loged in.
- type=”public” for showing public profile if user_id parameter provided as GET request.
- type=”login” for showing login page.